Privacy and Security Policy
Welcome to the YRC Reimer Inc. and its affiliate partnerships and subsidiary companies (collectively “Reimer”) Career Site. We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities at our company. The Career Site Privacy and Security Policy is applicable to all information which has been or will be collected from you during your use of our Career Site.
Information You Provide
- Name, contact information;
- Resume, CV, cover letter, application, previous work experience, and education information;
- Employment preferences, willingness to relocate, current salary, desired salary, and how you heard about the Career Site;
- Professional and other work related licenses, permits, and certifications held;
- Language and other relevant skills;
- Awards and professional memberships;
- Eligibility to work in the country where the job is located, available start date; and
- Information relating to references (if provided).
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
By entering this Career Site, you acknowledge and agree that:
- Reimer is authorized to collect, use, access, transmit, store, process and disclose the information it obtains through your use of this site, including but not limited to the personal information you submit in connection with your employment application and in order to process it for employment, as permitted by law. This includes the use, access, transmittal, storing, processing, and disclosure of your information by and among Reimer's affiliate partnerships and subsidiary companies, regardless of location. Reimer will use the personal information you provide, as permitted by law, to: process your application; assess your capabilities and job qualification; conduct reference checks; communicate with you; comply with any applicable law or regulation; conduct background checks (only with your prior consent); and any other actions necessary or applicable in connection with your application, hiring, or employment.
- Statements here and elsewhere on the site concerning the treatment of your information may not apply with respect to information already in Reimer's possession, such as information obtained by Reimer in connection with your current or former employment at Reimer, or information that is publicly available to Reimer.
- Reimer may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or a regulatory organization, or to relevant third parties such as site technicians, auditors, lawyers, or other professional advisors.
- Reimer may retain your information as long as necessary and appropriate to comply with applicable legal standards. Once the information is submitted, you cannot later delete this information. If you are offered a position with Reimer, this information may be transferred into our human resources system and used to manage the new hire process. If you become an associate, any personal information you submit may become part of your associate file and may be used for other employment/work-related purposes. Your information will be destroyed in accordance with Reimer's record retention policy.
- At no time will Reimer sell, rent, lease, or license your information to a third party. Nor will your information be used for marketing purposes by any third party vendor.
- This Career Site does not extend binding offers or terms or conditions of employment. Any employment offer that may result from your submitting information in response to a job opening listed on this Career Site is in accordance with the specific terms of that offer. Nothing on this Career Site shall be construed as a contract of employment or as a guarantee of continued employment or employment for any specific duration.
- Reimer may compile statistical results concerning the usage of the Career Site, as well as its entire site. Reimer uses this information to prepare collective profiles of visitors' activities for management and internal use, as well as affirmative action reports and analyses. For example, Reimer may track the number of visitors who view certain pages or use certain features of the site.
Protection of Your Information
We consider the security of your personal information a top priority. Accordingly, any information that you voluntarily share with Reimer in a form is kept strictly confidential and fully secure. Reimer secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When you access this Career Site, you will do so through a login and password that you have created and is unique to you. For maximum security, you should never share your login and password with anyone else, and you should always logout of our system and close your open Internet browser window to finish your session completely.
To retain a copy of this Consent for your future reference, please print a copy and/or save a copy to your personal computer.
If you understand, accept and agree to the policies, terms, and conditions set out above then select the “I Agree” button when asked to acknowledge your acceptance and agreement of the Consent to Proceed Electronically document on the Career Site. If you do not understand or accept and agree to the policies, terms and conditions set out above, then select the “I Decline” button when asked and you will not complete the application process electronically.